Professional Services Associate - Contract to Hire (Dallas)
- Carrollton, TX
As a Professional Services Associate you will be provided with exciting opportunities to interface with customers & internal teams while supporting global corporations. Through this experience you will gain a greater understanding and appreciation for how corporations are being ran in today's markets.
Within this program we offer extensive training, mentoring, and guidance to start you on the path to a successful career in consulting at Thomson Reuters. You will be trained in best practices, methodologies, and gain the technical and functional skills required to participate in enterprise software projects focused on supporting Legal, Compliance and Tax departments. These projects include implementation of enterprise software, content and services to our customers. You will also be exposed to the Thomson Reuters various platforms and all services provided across our Corporates business.
As a member of the Professional Services team, you will strive to enable and simplify the work of Legal, Compliance and Tax professionals in Corporations.
Summary of Position
The Services Associate will work closely with Project Managers to implement Legal, Compliance and Tax software at client sites in Global Implementations. This position is part of the Corporates Professional Services department. We deliver enterprise Legal, Compliance and software that provides critical information and software solutions to companies of all sizes. The Services Associate program is geared towards individuals interested in an opportunity to develop a career in consulting while learning from fellow consultants, project managers, subject matter experts and companies from a variety of industries.
- Interact with client Legal, Compliance, Tax and Technology professionals
- Assist in business and requirements sessions and formulate into design/solution documentation
- Engage with other key teams such as Product Management & Engineering within Thomson Reuters as appropriate to deliver end to end solutions
- Prepare and execute test scripts and test cases
- Assist Project team to ensure all related requirements are met
- Explain system or tool related issues/problems and solutions to Legal, Compliance, Tax & technical staff
- Work with clients to translate their policy into our Solutions
- Complete tasks with limited supervision
- Perform technical or functional roles on small to medium projects led by a Sr. Implementation Consultant, or Project Manager.
- Support sales teams by providing product demos
Mandatory Experience and Skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and know how to share information professionally and concisely.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient in working with computers and standard business software like Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Creative problem-solving skills & motivated to drive innovation
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
Highly Desirable Skills/Experience
- 1 - 2 years relative work experience
- Exposure to Legal Businesses, Indirect Tax, Compliance and/or Tax Return processes
- Experience with process analysis, design & mapping
- Experience Implementing Enterprise Software including Cloud Solutions and third-party applications
- Experience creating and executing test cases and test scripts
- Ability to Relocate if needed
- Higher Education Degree or Diploma - Finance, Accounting or Computer Science preferred
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top