Product Specialist, Quant
Are you looking to deepen your knowledge of financial data and sharpen your technical skills? Are you interested in the challenging and fast-paced environment of quantitative analytics where you get unique insight into end-to-end workflows of clients ranging from start-ups to established firms? If so, then consider becoming a Product Specialist for the Thomson Reuters Quantitative Analytics team! This role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to join a talented Markets & Application Specialist Team with a breadth and depth of knowledge in financial markets, unique Thomson Reuters products, content and database technology.
Our clients are analysts, portfolio managers, and quantitative researchers at the world's largest and most prominent investment firms, banks, and hedge funds. This role is focused on providing premium Specialist-level support for the flagship quant product QA Direct. As a Product Specialist, you will assist our clients in understanding, extracting and correct usage of Thomson Reuters and third party data for their back-testing models. You will also have the opportunity to build and foster relationships with existing clients, improve the customer experience by advocating for and testing new product features, and working with Sales to help qualify and onboard prospective clients.
- Experience with equity market and data content with good understanding of general financial markets
- Experience with analytical tools and databases, in both data extraction and obtaining meaningful insight from the data
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel via phone, face-to-face, and in writing
- Ability to give effective WebEx presentations and provide ad hoc answers
- Curious mindset with excellent problem solving skills
- Self motivation and a high level of initiative
- Proven team player with the ability to work effectively in virtual teams
- Good time management skills to plan and prioritize workload and demands
- Fluent in English; additional languages is an advantage
- Knowledge of relational database theory; SQL programming language is an advantage
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top