Product Specialist - Legal
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Global Growth Organization (GGO) works with our business units tocombine our global capabilities and to expand our local presence in countrieswhere we believe the greatest growth opportunities exist. GGO is core toThomson Reuters' overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments.The ASEAN & North Asia region is one of the fastest growing and mostdynamic markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters in the AsiaPacific region and beyond.
We are now looking for Legal Product Specialists. Legal Product Specialists are an integral part of the Westlaw and Practical Law sales and customer strategy and they play an important role in supporting client acquisition and retention efforts. Legal Product Specialists partner with Sales and Account Management to meet new sales and renewal goals through the delivery of product demos, on boarding support and product training.
- Conducts technical / product training courses for customers and/or employees in the use of company products, to support/drive retention and new sales, product preference and increased usage.
- Implements new technologies to meet the demands of evolving customer base and the iterative development of products.
- Conducts needs analysis by interacting with customers and functional teams to develop specifications for content of courses.
- Offers training to enhance usage of Thomson Reuters' products by leveraging understanding of customer needs.
- Works with subject matter experts in product development, technical support, sales and marketing to ensure that course content reflects current product features.
- Prepares lesson plans from product documentation, field service requirements or software documentation.
- Creates / maintains training packages for products/online platforms.
- Supports creation of help documents, quick reference guides, tutorials, or other educational content, as required.
- Instructs participants in classroom-based and virtual sessions, including web-based and seminars.
- Provides internal training when necessary to support sales, product support, etc., to drive employee understanding of products/services.
- Supports sales team in product demonstrations.
- Reports on market trends, competitor activity and flags critical issues.
- Ensures timely follow up to determine applicability of course material and address issues/concerns raised by customers.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on product enhancements and changes.
- Manages logistics for designated trainings (calendar, registration, attendance tracking, facility set-up, etc.).
- May respond to customer inquiries and support product usage via phone.
- Preferably legally qualified
- Practical legal research experience with Westlaw, Practical Law and/or other legal technology products.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and in all forms with clients, internal staff and 3rd party development and support organisations
- Ability to gain and retain customer confidence and respect
- English language skills. Cantonese desirable
- Excellent training skills
- Some travel will be occasionally required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top