Product Specialist, Banking and Research
Thomson Reuters, a leading provider of information and technology solutions to the global financial community, is seeking a Product Specialist for its Investors Specialist Services team who will provide specialized product support to our most valuable Investors customers.
Investors Specialists are a key and valuable link between our services, Sales, and our customers. Combining a thorough understanding of finance and content, with expertise in our software, Specialists assist certain clients in their every need, including streamlining the research and analysis process, locating the correct teams to provide product and content support, how-to training, assistance with product administration, advocating for the client, and expediting all client requests. We offer an unparalleled level of service along with insight into the intricacies and functionality of Thomson Reuters Investors applications.
As part of the Investors Specialist Team, you'll join a team that is committed to industry-leading service, working closely with our Front Line and Account Management teams (e.g. Sales and Customer Support).
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
The Investors Specialist is a member of the North American Specialist Services team, which provides support and communicates directly with a select set of Investors' most important clients as well as second-level support for front-line data or application queries. Queries cover advanced analytical products and content, as well as account-related requests. Specialists serve as the client advocate in their needs.
Each Investors Specialist covers a specific shift, but may be required to rotate with Specialists at times. Queue support methods Specialists cover include phone, e-mail, and chat.
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests for assistance directly from the client or from other teams across Thomson Reuters.
- Act as a liaison between Service, Sales, and the client, and be an advocate for all of the client's needs.
- Work directly with customers to provide additional information, updates, and resolution to issues escalated from the frontline teams.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the product or markets supported.
- Build and maintain relationships with other resolver groups across the organization to ensure appropriate resolutions are provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take ownership of escalated issues and manage product/service outages.
- Analyze various reports to look for opportunities to improve client experience and drive client satisfaction.
- Assist in pre-sales activities by servicing prospects as stated above.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BA/BS degree - Finance, Business or Economics major or equivalent work experience. CFA candidates, MBA and other advanced degree holders are preferred.
- Past experience (2-5 years) in the financial industry in the area of financial data, specifically relating to stocks, bonds, futures, options, foreign exchange, Equity and Debt Capital Markets, Mergers and acquisitions, Private Equity, or all of the above.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in typical investment management and investment banking workflow, typical industry content and products, and market/industry knowledge.
- Strong effective communication skills, including succinct writing skills are required, as well as critical reasoning skills in identifying problems and solutions quickly.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills are required to manage outstanding issues until resolution. Strong follow-up skills and a track record for influencing people outside of your span of control will enable you to excel at this position.
- Analytical, organized, detail oriented, and disciplined. Proven quick learners (self-motivation) and logical reasoning skills.
- An ability to effectively work within a team and collaborate is required. Comfortable with presentation and web conferencing (such as WebEx of GoToMeeting).
- Ability to work until 6:00pm EST Monday – Friday.
- Experience with Eikon or other similar competitor offerings a plus
- Strong financial-markets and economic field knowledge
- Excellent customer service experience and focus
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Complete mastery of using the Internet as a research tool
- Strong knowledge in a wide-array of Thomson Reuters products and content
- Ability to work under pressure
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top