This position provides subject matter expertise to product development teams for Tax & Accounting - Government products. This position works with development teams to complete software projects and acts as a Real or personal property liaison between development and support for analysis and design and to customer support for escalation of complex issues. This position must stay abreast of legislation, regulations and practices pertaining to customer requirements.
- Worked in the past for County government assessor's office.
- Domain knowledge
- Had Affiliations: IAAO.org
- U se mass appraisal techniques: Real property or personal property
- Work closely with developers as a member of the software development team to develop software project plans; develop specifications for modifications, new functionality and/or enhancements; participate in product prototype sessions and support QA activities as negotiated
- Provide appropriate input into technical communications for release notes, pre-release notes and other product documentation including user assistance and training guides.
- Work with clients and internal resources to interpret, define and document the scope customer business requirements
- Develop product designs based on user requirements along with appropriate user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to provide marketing support services including RFP responses, pre-sales technical support and attendance at trade shows or conferences
- Assist the Product Manager in setting and maintaining product vision
- Provide mentoring and training to implementation and support staff for new and emerging features
- Work closely with the product support staff to provide escalation for key support incidents and to gather input for the development team
- Continued professional development to ensure on-going viability in the role
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in statistics or business related field plus a minimum of two years' experience with client server software or combination thereof
- Computer software and software development techniques experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Suites skills
- Assessment or Government Appraisal experience or knowledge preferred
- Strong background in Statistical Analysis and Regression Analysis.
- Excellent time management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Business travel will be required at the supervisor's discretion
- Candidate should have a passion for the domain and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and processes.
- May require extended work schedules, tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
- Sitting, eye sight, using hands/fingers, talking, hearing, occasionally lifting up to 25#
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by the supervisor
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top