Business Unit: Financial & Risk
Department: Customer Support
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
About the Role
The Product Specialist provides expert level support on TR products and the point of contact for escalated and more complex issues regarding functionality, data, service/ admin, etc. The Product Specialist team has contact with customers from TR global Strategic Accounts, interacting directly with customers as it facilitates a more immediate resolution of a client issue; the role also involves working with CSEs within the TRCS to resolve customers' enquiries in a timely manner.
- Provide direct e-query, chat, and telephone support to clients from Thomson Reuters strategic global accounts.
- Acting as an escalation point for product queries that cannot be solved by the first level within a certain timeframe.
- Proactively maintain a high level of knowledge about the specialist product area(s) and market(s) through self study, research, and analysis.
- Exchange information and share knowledge with the team to maximize knowledge and the effectiveness of the specialist group as a whole.
- Support and champion knowledge development for responsible product and market segments.
- Recognize and escalate reoccurring problems
- Manage and drive conclusions with next level resolver groups, in order to bring closure for escalated issues and meet customer demands for problem resolution.
- Build relationships internally and externally to core stakeholders of specialist product area(s).
- Ensure the upkeep of the Knowledge databases on designated products to maintain its relevance and pertinence.
- Provide timely progress reports to illustrate progress being made against targets.
- University degree in related discipline required
- At least 3 years work experience in customer service or finance industry
- Strong understanding of TR Markets customers, products, business and service drivers – specifically Investors segment
- Strong understanding of Contact Center industry practices, measurement, drivers and performance improvement strategies
- Strong understanding of the global financial services industry as well as financial applications, data and analytics
- General Certification Program (GCP) Qualified – including Financial Calculations
- Recognized external qualifications such as CFA, ICMA, CAIA, FINRA or FSA
- Experience working on projects
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top