Product Security Architect Financial & Risk
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Product Security Architect Financial & Risk
Business Unit: TR Technology and Operations
Product or Service: ISRM
Thomson Reuter's Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a senior product security architect, specializing in matter relating to our Finance and Risk business. This role will be responsible for assisting the ISRM Architecture team service the specific nuances in security architecture and solution design that are resident with the F&R business, leaning on team expertise to to integrate strategic initiatives and solutions into this disperate architecture. This role will require the establishment or strong relationships within the business architecture teams, with the ability to vocalise the ISRM policy and best practices to dedicated business architects.
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to integrate well into other technical teams, whilst having the ability to effective utilise ISRM team members for strategy and technical expertise. Experience in driving security solutions, practices and policies into disparate businesses. Working as part of a matrix organization, ensuring peers are fully versed in common design patterns through knowledge sharing and regular presentations.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Maintain a deep understanding of core security disciplines, with close attention to developing industry trends
- Collaborate with business and technology peers to understand business goals, use of application development processes and related tools
- Drive security design principles and requirements to enhance ISRMs ability to streamline the implementation of security controls into solutions
- Assessing secure development approaches, requirements, and evaluating existing solutions and providing strategic direction towards enhancements
- Provide technical security expertise, including communicating security architectural decisions, benefits, risks and other activities including security requirement definition, and facilitation of security testing and management of residual risk
- Serve as the Security Lead in the design, implementation and integration phases of business products and services to meet business security requirements, address corporate risks and exposures in cloud-based solutions
- Serve as a security subject matter expert during discussions and meetings with key stakeholders within each business unit
- Interact with peers, project teams, technical specialists and other senior members of the company to provide advice on security and assist with compensating control alternatives where security requirements cannot be met
- Serve as the Security expert across security architecture functional areas; credential management, access provisioning, authentication and authorization, application security, infrastructure security, data security, security monitoring and operation security
- Serve as escalation for the risk assessment team as it relates to outstanding security risks
- ISRM Peers
- Business Unit Architects
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced leader who demonstrates results in matrix organization
- Extensive progressive experience in IT security, with solid experience of both performing IT security risk assessments and leading security architecture efforts that require close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as Service (SaaS) delivery models
- Strong knowledge of secure development and general software development methodologies and practices
- Experience with security related regulatory requirements, such as NIST, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA compliance
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work; ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact with all levels of management; ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and comfortable with ambiguity
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to document design patterns in a coherent manor for peers to follow
- Proven ability to understand others approaches to solving problems, and guide them into a secure thought pattern
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required
- CISSP certification; CISM, CISA, CRISC, CIPP, CGEIT or ITIL certifications is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top