Product Portfolio Manager - Firm Solutions
The Product Portfolio Manager is responsible for leading the holistic and systemic management of FirmSite product portfolio and related offerings. This role requires someone who is passionate about attaining sales, revenue, and profitability targets by leading portfolio strategy and planning through capability development, release, and product lifecycle management.
- Manage strategy, sales, revenue, and profitability for the Firm Solution Portfolio, which includes Integrated Marketing Solutions/Firm Sites, Engagement Solutions and Visibility Solutions.
- Responsible for gathering and prioritizing customer feedback, defining market trends and customer needs and proposing solutions that ensure value delivery, optimize customer adoption and increase customer retention
- Work with each product manager and product development to craft and maintain a 12-18 month pipeline for each product in the portfolio, focusing on continued value delivery for customers
- Work closely with finance and product managers on creation of and updates to business cases to model financial impact of the portfolio
- Own critical metrics and performance monitoring for existing products and new products brought to market
- Participate in budgeting activities, establish and own third-party relationships, undertake market analysis and drive pricing decisions for the portfolio
- Lead cross-functional go to market initiatives with Sales, Marketing, Operations and other partner groups
- Develop and execute plans to sunset obsolete products and manage strategic migrations
- Lead a team of Product Management professionals assigned to portfolio
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 7 years of product management (strategy, lifecycle management) experience with demonstrated success
- Previous experience with leadership/management of people
- Product experience in either our core market (lawyers, small business) and/or our product vertical of digital marketing solutions (SEO, paid search, social, reputation management) strongly preferred
- Ability to drive a direct and indirect team to build and execute product strategy and monitor/manage product performance on an ongoing basis
- Understands financial data – monitors/ interprets performance to plan, makes recommendations on new products, enhancements and customer levers to get results
- Ability to attract, develop and retain high quality talent
- Can define and articulate plans for others to meet goals and deadlines
- Strong technical acumen – can effectively partner with product development and technology to find new, creative solutions to problems and customer needs
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills; ability to present/communicate complex information to both internal audiences and customers and to various levels within the organization (including senior leadership)
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent work experience preferred.
FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic marketing approaches that get results. The growth and success of our business is the direct result of our diverse teams of talent that are creative, dynamic, and just plain knowledgeable. We recruit and retain the best professionals from across the country that bring an array of expertise to the table, including legal experts, tech talents, marketing wizards, data geeks, and digital strategists.
Our benefits package includes all the usual suspects: medical, dental, retirement savings, paid time off, etc. In addition, people grow here. We've worked hard to make this a great place for our people to contribute so they can grow and help us grow. As part of the global Thomson Reuters family, employees benefit from unlimited career development opportunities to help them on their professional path of success.
This part is about you. Are you a motivated professional who has a natural bias towards action? Are you a natural collaborator who knows how to advocate for your position yet respects the value of different perspectives? Do you know your stuff and still want to learn even more? Do you understand that being competitive means being flexible and knowing that change can be fun? Do you care about culture and understand that you play a role in shaping it? Most importantly, do you find yourself nodding "yes," as you read this job description? If so, you should work at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top