Product Marketing Specialist
The Product Marketing Specialist, role within the Tax & Accounting division will be responsible for In-depth knowledge of the product this role will support. This includes but not limited to understanding the customer, their influencers, their buyer's journey, customer and general industry pain points/ advances and how the product benefits the tax function. This position will craft the messaging and positioning for products. Additionally, this role will develop innovative content and campaign strategies that enable best-in-class demand generation. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are critical to this role The Product Marketing Specialist will be the expert in assigned product and personas, learn from internal (sales and support) and external customers and funnel the knowledge into collaborative campaign strategies.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the products (software and research) in the market
- Conduct internal and external interviews for in-depth customer knowledge
- Market intelligence –Expert on buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on competition
- Develop the content and campaign strategies that have a data-driven approach Design content that is inclusive of CVI Power Messaging strategy
- Influencer role for live event strategy (based on customer and competition expertise)
- Lead search campaigns via thematic keyword and copy development, landing page optimization, promotional ad copy management
- Optimize website content to ensure both search engine visibility and favorable user experience
- Track all leads generated from marketing campaigns and coordinate real-time follow up with the sales team via lead scoring, routing and SLA reporting
- Partner with product management to establish go-to-market plans for new product launches and platform major releases
- Partner and collaborate with sales teams
- Special projects as assigned
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in marketing, accounting or similar area.
- 3 years of marketing experience in a B2B marketing corporate environment
- 3 years of experience in strategic marketing, sales team enablement,
demand generation and lead nurturing programs
- Experience in a similar digital marketing role
- Direct experience and proven results in Search Engine Marketing and use of
Social Media in marketing
- Direct experience with managing an active e-commerce site in terms of
marketing, product merchandising, optimizing traffic and conversion rates
- Experience in salesforce.com and Eloqua or equivalent CRM and marketing
automation system preferred
- Expertise in Retention Marketing best practices
- Strong understanding of the entire end-to-end customer journey and marketing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze market opportunities and business drivers to optimize
marketing strategy and campaign execution.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess results and communicate
trends and issues
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Eloqua or equivalent CRM and marketing
- Experience with interpreting and acting on Web Analytics
- Strong understanding of ROI-oriented ecommerce marketing and Internet
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and
cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Possess visionary and innovative thought processing skills
- Understand sales goals and pipeline to best align marketing strategies
- Ability to optimize and pivot messaging based on data findings
- Understand levers that can drive improvements in Email Marketing and E-
commerce Web Merchandising CTR, Conversion Rates, Average Order Value,
- Strong Executive-ready presentation skills
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to write/edit marketing collateral, press releases, web content, internal
- Ability to prioritize workload, work independently, and complete tasks under
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 3 years of tax software product marketing or sales experience desired
- 3 years of tax and accounting experience desired
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of time
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top