Product Manager (Technical Product and Delivery Manager)
As a Product Manager, you will guide the strategy, experience design and development of digital tools, media, data management products, and customer-facing APIs. You will ensure that API and data management products are designed and built to high standards, are easy for developers to implement, can support a wide number of innovative use cases, and are successfully commercialized. You must possess a combination of technical and product knowledge that caters to the application developer and technical user persona. You will understand how APIs, Business Intelligence and Analytics are accelerating and disrupting businesses and apply that knowledge to conduct market research and create new business models and channels.
- Work across product teams to translate business and functional requirements into User Stories
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create additional use-cases for the API, digital, BI and data products.
- Make product roadmap decisions and provide thought leadership on emerging trends.
- Prioritize work and make strategic tradeoff decisions during the development cycle.
- Contribute to API test plans and be hands-on with testing.
- Work with marketing team to on marketing and plans and across the business on go-to-market preparation and support.
- Own all API documentation including documents for developer support, security, sales, sales training, and marketing.
- Create and evolve commercialization strategy for APIs and other related emerging offerings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on experience working with APIs.
- 4+ years of experiencing managing IT Products.
- 1+ year of Agile experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and visual presentation.
- 2+ years of designing, programming, testing, or supporting APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role).
- 2+ years of Agile experience.
- 2+ years of technical writing experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting complex information to senior leadership.
- Significant ERP system, digital/e-commerce, data management, and BI experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top