Product Manager – Legal Knowledge Management solutions
The Drafting Tools and Productivity Solutions product management team at Thomson Reuters are responsible for the management of a portfolio of legal software products such as Contract Express, Drafting Assistant, West km, Case Notebook and Legal Search Connect. We are looking for an experienced product manager to join the team that manages our existing Legal Search Connect solution and future knowledge management initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team developing leading drafting and knowledge solutions for use by law firms and corporations globally. You will have a passion for legal tech and going deep into customer problems to develop creative and novel solutions to those problems.
This role is an individual contributor role that reports to the Global Head for Drafting Tools and Productivity Solutions. You will be one of a team of product management professionals globally that are focussed on the knowledge management market. In conjunction with your fellow team members, you will be responsible for setting the vision for our knowledge management solutions, and for defining the product roadmap and product requirements with customers and our proposition teams within our business segments. You will work directly with our customers, technology and user experience partners to deliver on those requirements and partner with our sales, marketing and proposition teams on the go to market of the product.
Manage complete product lifecycle including customer research, market requirements, product release plans, user story and acceptance criteria authoring, product launch activities and product end-of-life
- Contribute to the definition of the product roadmap, product design and new product ideas
- Ensure product releases are delivered with passion, pace and predictability
- Be a co-owner of the product roadmap and present product enhancement plans to global internal stakeholders in a professional and passionate way
- Be a champion for agility and pace by ensuring the product development process for this product is aligned to the new ways of working within the organization
Partner with strategy teams, sales, internal stakeholders and customers to validate requirements, priorities and refine requirements for broad market
Champion legal products to the market and to prospects, customers and internal stakeholders
- Work with architecture, engineers, data scientists and user experience teams to determine right technical solutions to develop faster, better and cost-effective solutions
- Work with key stakeholders (Product Management, Marketing, Proposition, Legal, Finance, Support and more) on collateral and campaigns, ensuring a well planned and executed go-to-market strategy
- Prioritize work and make strategic tradeoff decisions during the development cycle with a focus on delivering immediate business value with shorter release cycles.
- Monitor market changes and trends to formulate and communicate competitive product positioning and identify opportunities for current and future business consideration
- Participate in the creation of a strong story around why customers should choose this solution from Thomson Reuters.
Self-starter who understands how to effectively deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
Strong analytic skills required, including the ability to interpret customer and segment leads needs into application and operational requirements.
- Good team player - must have a successful history of resolving team conflict, managing negotiations, providing feedback, and driving change management practices to achieve required outcomes.
- Required experience in Agile Scrum Agile Development Methodology focusing on the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives and consistently improving maturity in agile practices.
- Driven to provide quality work product that meets high-standards
- Demonstrate strong business acumen throughout the product management lifecycle
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
Degree in a technical or business-related field required
Relevant work experience delivering results in complex enterprise software
- Familiarity with TR's legal product portfolio in product management, proposition or solution role a plus
- Strong project management background and ability to manage a cross-functional team to deliver software releases
- Experience with Agile / Scrum software development desired
- Software as a Service (SaaS) business experience highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to define the product roadmap, to translate business problems into product requirements, and to launch products to stakeholders, the market, and customers
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top