Product Manager, Elektron
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Product Manager, Elektron
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed understanding of Elektron as a Service (EaaS) and hosting/managed services in general.
- Interaction with 3rd party organizations (primarily CenturyLink and CJC) - define and agree role of 3rd party in delivery chain, admin processes, commercial discussions. Maintain day-to-day commercial relationship with 3rd party.
- Interface with the commercial policy groups on pricing updates, PLI set up, etc (not new commercials negotiation)
- Update multiple sources of pricing information for EaaS champions, sales specialist and other teams involved in pricing of EaaS proposition
- Provide commercial negotiations support for special deals
- Review, approve and process client specific orders and cancellations with CenturyLink and CJC (part of the client on-boarding process)
- Train EaaS Champions on new or updated pricing
- Work closely with TR sourcing to insure best pricing is obtained from CenturyLink and other vendors
- Analyze current clients from billing, costs, time of delivery, services prospective and present findings to EaaS Management
- Analyze billing and costs for all core infrastructures deployed, work with vendors on any abnormalities
- Collect feedback and requirements from all members of EaaS team and wider TR organization in respect to pricing and documentation, propose solutions and actions to address
- Support Product Management team day-to-day activities as required.
- Assists with the recommendations to business or Regional Product Managers, development and documentation of analytical results, and with the presentation of these elements to internal and external team.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities
Product management experience
Knowledge of the market data industry, ideally from working for a financial services, market data, cloud infrastructure or hosting company
Proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word
Proven ability to communicate at all levels and work effectively with business, service and technology stakeholders
Demonstrable ability to build key relationships across business divisions and product delivery groups
Drive, initiative, structured thinking, problem solving and decision making and the ability to work unsupervised
Organization, verbal and written communication skills – both verbal and written (English).
Team player, able to work under pressure and within global virtual team
Previous experience managing vendor relationships
Previous knowledge of data center and/or network operations
Detailed understanding of real time market data feeds, Platform (i.e. TREP) and associated services
Experience creating complete detailed plans for complex projects
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top