Product Manager, Corporate Tax Solutions
Position Title: Product Manager, Corporate Tax Solutions
Position Type: Permanent
The Thomson Reuters Product Management team is looking for a talented, ambitious, self-directed product leader to navigate our suite of Corporate Tax solutions through the future of technology and regulatory changes. As a product manager, you'll be responsible for creating valuable new features to maximize product line profitability. You'll define the product strategy and vision, work with customers to prioritize unmet user needs, and collaborate with a cross-functional team to launch products to the market.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. This role focuses on the Direct Tax Compliance with a keen understanding of how it fits into the bigger solution. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
- Driving product vision and strategy to support corporate tax departments and large accounting firms to meet the local requirements for compliance in over 14 regions globally with a keen focus on the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Define market problems, conceptualize solutions, build requirements, conducting market and competitive research, and support launch activities.
- Enabling revenue generation across sub-segments by ensuring a high quality, high-impact product features and service delivered to new and existing customers.
- Own the market success and experience of the product. Champion Tax products to prospects, customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to develop product roadmap and provide thought leadership on emerging tax and technology trends.
- Partner with Proposition, Sales, customers, Product Managers, and partners to validate requirements and priorities and refine requirements for broad market.
- Work with architecture, technical leads and user experience to determine right technical solutions to develop faster, better and cost-effective solutions.
- Manage complete product lifecycle including market requirements, product release plans, user story and success criteria authoring, and product launch activities.
- Work with key stakeholder (Sales, Marketing, Proposition, Support) on collateral and campaigns, ensuring a well planned and executed go-to-market strategy.
- Monitor market changes and trends to formulate and communicate competitive product positioning and identify opportunities for current and future business consideration.
Required skills and competencies:
- Demonstrable experience working in corporate tax compliance in UK
- Experience using professional corporate tax software
- Understanding of the challenges facing tax departments now and in the future
- Strong IT technical awareness and interest
- Comfortable communicating with customers and managing challenging situations
- Ability to work with and influence multiple teams across different disciplines (e.g. development through to sales)
- Track record of successful project management
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results
- Understanding of Agile Methodology
- Demonstrate strong business acumen throughout the product management lifecycle
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
Preferred skills and competencies:
- CTA qualified
- Agile Scrum Agile Development Methodology focusing on daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives and consistently improving maturity in agile practices
- Significant experience delivering results in complex enterprise software, Familiarity with TR's legal and Tax product portfolio in product management, proposition or solution role a plus
- Strong project management background and ability to manage a cross-functional team to deliver software releases
- Experience in accounting, finance and/or legal operations
- Software as a Service (SaaS) business experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top