Product Manager, Content Partnerships
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Reuters Agency
Position Title: Product Manager, Content Partnerships
Requisition No: JREQ089211
Reuters News Agency is seeking a product manager to oversee our portfolio of world class content partner relationships and partner products. They will be responsible for nurturing existing partnerships, developing new ones, and overseeing the products that are born from them.
A successful candidate will demonstrate communication and product development skills required to ensure successful product life-cycle management in a matrix organization. Engagement with legal, technology, marketing, sales, business operations, and customer support teams will be required to ensure products are successfully launched and supported by our broader business.
The person in this role is ultimately responsible for assessing how our partnerships can be developed to best serve our customers and then making it happen. They will be required to develop a deep understanding of the global news media business and the variety of partnership models that can be employed to solve problems.
Our existing partners are as dynamic as we are, and changes often present unexpected challenges and opportunities. The person in this role will be responsible for effectively communicating with our partners and managing change to maintain the trust we have built with them and encourage growth.
Our business is truly global. Our partners are a diverse group of content creators located in Silicon Valley, Beijing, and everywhere in between. They are broadcast television news networks, animators, and technology startups. This role requires a candidate who is excited at the prospect of engaging anywhere in the world with a very wide variety of content creators.
Finally, our partnerships are often a catalyst for innovation at Reuters. The ideal candidate will know how and when to successfully apply an innovative approach without impacting other business goals.
ABOUT REUTERS NEWS AGENCY
Reuters, the world's largest international news agency, is a leading provider of real-time, high-impact, multimedia news and information services to newspapers, television and cable networks, radio stations and websites around the globe. Our customers range from traditional print publishers to television broadcasters to digital media publishers including The New York Times to The BBC to Yahoo!.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Act as product owner for all partner products. Lead the development, launch, and all aspects of the product life-cycle for these products.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to determine the overall health of partner products and identify opportunities that might be met through partnership.
- Prioritize those opportunities and execute market analysis to identify prospective partners that can support them.
- Present the benefits and risks of proposed partnerships dispassionately.
- Lead negotiation and execution of new partner agreements, engage others internally as needed to support new agreements.
- Develop a communication plan for, and act as single point of contact for all partner business and escalation point for issues unresolved through normal operations.
- Maintain a register of our relationships, contracts, and a calendar of key contract action dates to ensure we engage partners on contract renewals at the right time.
- Work with legal, customer support, and other teams to ensure that our practices, templates, and procedures make us easy to do business with.
- Manage exceptions and unexpected changes to our partner portfolio and operations.
- Work with the wider Thomson Reuters organization to develop, support and ensure adherence to corporate level best practices.
- Customers (especially target users of partner content)
- Partners (especially relationship managers, business development, account managers)
- Reuters Product Managers
- Reuters Legal Staff
- Product leadership requires broad engagement including senior management, Sales, Marketing, PR, Customer Support, Engineering, Corporate Strategy and Business Operations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Our business is built on trust. Our partnership program depends on trust too. A strong sense of ethics and ability to communicate precisely are required for this role.
- General knowledge of, and genuine interest in the news industry and how trends and practices differ globally is essential.
- Must have maturity, poise, and communication skills suitable to interact directly and build trust with high-profile partners.
- Solid experience in a relevant role in any of the following areas: Product Management / Business Development / Sales.
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- News or Media industry experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a role that involved purchasing content licenses or selection of content and adherence to content licensing and restrictions.
- Experience negotiating, executing, and managing large scale content licensing agreements or partnerships across business and geographic boundaries.
- Experience and training in international media and contract law.
- Ability to develop complex, financially detailed business cases that support decision making in 'buy vs. build' scenarios.
- University degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top