The Product Developer assists in the development of software, and web-based product features to assist legal professionals in the practice of law. The Product Developer will help draft and update product designs, and ensure implementation of the approved plans with other functional areas including technology, content development, and marketing.
- Assist in the design, development and launch of new products
- Identify and assess customer needs, market size, competitive landscape, and financial opportunity for new products
- Create product designs and functional specifications to ensure that product features address customer needs
- Actively participate in project meetings to ensure successful implementation of product designs
- Assist in the creation and/or review of sales and training materials
- Monitor new product usage, subscriptions, sales, and revenue, tracking progress against business case metrics.
- Serve as liaison with relevant cross-functional groups, including Technology and Content Centers, Legal Editorial Operations, Product Marketing, Market Segments, Sales and Account Management, Finance, and Customer Experience Operations.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 4-year college degree with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in product design, product marketing or customer support;
- J.D., M.B.A., or M.L.I.S. with 3 years of experience in business or the practice of law strongly preferred
- Interest in new technologies and their potential application to the practice of law
- Ability and willingness to develop subject matter expertise in one or more legal topics or practice areas
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top