Your Impact at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters
Are you passionate about Product Development? If yes, this is the role for you! As members of our Findlaw team we play a key role in innovating the next generation of FindLaw products, services, and solutions that help customers achieve their marketing goals. As a Product Developer you will deliver on multiple efforts to build & bring to market new products through FindLaw's innovation model. The effective Product Developer will be fully aware of emerging Web/Internet trends and technologies, including search engine marketing. The Product Developer needs to be highly creative and have collaboration and communication skills.
On our Product Development team, we are responsible for creating new client development and direct-to-consumer products and enhancements for FindLaw. In this role your responsibilities will be executed across a broad range of FindLaw Product Development projects, including FindLaw's market-leading law firm Website solutions; Search Engine Marketing services; next generation Web marketing solutions and direct-to-consumer legal products.
- Translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications and work with the Technology organization to ensure products are built to those requirements.
- Work closely with FindLaw Product Management to validate market opportunity, flesh out product concepts, develop business cases, and present product ideas to members of the FindLaw team.
- Formulate detailed project plans and collaborate closely with all partners and participants to ensure project success.
- Drive cross-functional product development teams to deliver new features and enhancements to FindLaw's products.
- Closely monitor assigned projects, report status on regular basis to management, act quickly to address project issues.
- Build and present project updates to key internal partners.
- Work with Product Management and Operations group to transition projects from proof-of-concept stage to go-to-market and full operationalization.
- Effectively communicate the customer and business benefits of new products and features to management.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with direct digital marketing technologies including web analytic tools
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of FindLaw's proprietary systems and platforms a plus
- Working knowledge of SEO, Social Media, Paid Advertising, Mobile, Lead Generation and Conversion Optimization preferred
- Proven ability to work within cross-functional teams (including software engineers, marketing, account management, sales operations, and finance) and successfully bring products to market
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple and complex projects at a time in a quickly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude - ability to understand, troubleshoot and communicate technical issues
- Shown analytical abilities, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Excellent presentation and communications skill
- Strong project management, analytical and prioritization skills
- Vast knowledge of technology, emerging media and the internet
- Ability to develop, sell, and deploy an integrated, multi-channel marketing campaign
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA or JD a plus)
FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic marketing approaches that get results. The growth and success of our business is the direct result of our diverse teams of talent that are creative, dynamic, and just plain knowledgeable. We recruit and retain the best professionals from across the country that bring an array of expertise to the table, including legal experts, tech talents, marketing wizards, data geeks, and digital strategists.
Our benefits package includes all the usual suspects: medical, dental, retirement savings, paid time off, etc. In addition, people grow here. We've worked hard to make this a great place for our people to contribute so they can grow and help us grow. As part of the global Thomson Reuters family, employees benefit from unlimited career development opportunities to help them on their professional path of success.
This part is about you. Are you a motivated professional who has a natural bias towards action? Are you a natural collaborator who knows how to advocate for your position yet respects the value of different perspectives? Do you know your stuff and still want to learn even more? Do you understand that being competitive means being flexible and knowing that change can be fun? Do you care about culture and understand that you play a role in shaping it? Most importantly, do you find yourself nodding "yes," as you read this job description? If so, you should work at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top