Product Consultant, Datafeeds
The Thomson Reuters Datafeed Consultant's primary role is to understand our prospective clients' quantitative or quant-a-mental requirements from data to workflow needs and determine, articulate, construct, and demonstrate the best solution set for the customer. A Datafeed Consultant understands the problems facing financial analysts today. He or she is a platform and content expert who utilizes strong technical skills to build complex data calculations and workflows tailored to the prospective customer's requirements and strong communication skills to convey the benefits, insights, coverage, functionality and usability of our content and platform solutions. During pre-sales meetings and product demonstrations to prospective clients, the Product Specialist establishes rapport with customers, understands their business needs, and nimbly navigates through options and ad hoc questions.
As a Datafeed Consultant, responsibilities include providing advanced technical support for database administrators and end users who need to understand each content set's schema layout and utilize each product's complex programming language for quantitative research. Datafeed Consultants provide user support for financial research projects that require database expertise. Responsibilities include: writing custom query solutions to efficiently retrieve financial data for quantitative analysis and assisting a client from pre-sales and initial implementation through to conversion of the product. Consultants demonstrate project management duties to track progress through to resolution including proactive follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure responsiveness, effective communication to development teams and account management on status, and an eagerness to see through a successful, thorough and early deployment.
A Product Specialist – Datafeed Consultant is an integral partner with Product Management in recommending and conveying product enhancement requests and latest trends for incorporation in future product releases. Our group is building a team of individuals to meet demand and aggressively grow its analytical solutions for asset management firms and hedge funds across the globe.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide complex product demonstrations of our suite of data and software product offerings through onsite prospective client visits and web meetings
- Build effective relationship with the prospective/current customer by intimately understanding and addressing client's data, workflow and technical requirements and engaging with them throughout the support process.
- Create custom data retrieval and analytical scripts in response to clients' requests
- Act as an escalation point for and take ownership of critical issues affecting clients.
- Demonstrate project management skills by managing outstanding inquiries to ensure each client's business requirements are fulfilled in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Handle client phone/email inquiries and recommend solutions with regards to product navigation, functionality, content, data quality and entitlements.
- Understand data content sets across asset classes and vendor sources to illustrate thorough product knowledge and support and recognize up-sell opportunities.
- Execute end-to-end account creation process, build request files for Datastream Data Loader (DDL), nimbly navigate through all content set's user guides and glossaries, code via DSWS and DWE APIs and understand their linkage from other applications, and use and monitor customer usage log files.
- Advocate for product features and functionality enhancements by sharing requests with management and development staff
- Assist with technical writers on client-facing product documentation
- Bachelor's degree; Finance, Computer Applications or Computer Science preferred
- Strong analytics background and 1-3 years industry experience
- Strong industry acumen, including understanding of different investment styles and strategies, financial markets, risk management, financial statement analysis, and portfolio management
- Beginner or intermediate knowledge of a scripting or object-oriented programming language; XML, VB or Java preferred.
- Product or Content knowledge of Thomson Reuters Datastream, Datastream DDL, Datastream Web Service or DWE, Thomson Reuters Knowledge Direct FTP, I/B/E/S Estimates, Worldscope Fundamentals, Ownership, Insider and/or StreetEvents preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases and basic SQL coding experience.
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including ability to communicate across a wide range of audience profiles
- Experience in analyzing prospect requirements, anticipating questions, trouble-shooting during meetings, and adapting to any work environment
- Ability to work independently, take complete ownership of a project to resolution, and establish effective relationships
- Demonstrate a curious mind-set, a drive to succeed, and a high level of motivation
- Skilled in concisely communicating technical information
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top