Principal Software Engineer
- Complete the objectives of each assignment within the agreed timeframe.
- Define and document requirements related to data collection core infrastructure and ticker migration.
- Analyze the new requirements from the business units and develop (design, code and unit test) software solutions adhering to the team's process handbook.
- Coordinate with internal/external test team for software release.
- Produce software releases adhering to the operational release management process.
- Collaborate with the development teams in other regions.
- Liaise with internal customers, namely Operations, Data Operations, and Regional Teams on software release, data validation and support.
- Compliant with software development process and contribute to the continuous process improvement.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or any other related fields.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- OO understanding and programming;
- Programming skills in C and/or Java language;
- Familiar with Linux/Solaris shell
- Web development experience is a plus
- Trouble shooting and software debugging skills;
- Understanding Agile process;
- Team working;
- Passion to learn and apply new technologies;
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment;
- Written and oral English;
- Optimistic and open-minded.
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience
- Financial market knowledge
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top