Principal Software Engineer
- Complete the objectives of each assignment within the agreed timeframe.
- Define and document requirements.
- Analyse the new requirements from the business units and develop (design, code and unit test) software solutions adhering to the team's process handbook.
- Lead a team and coordinate with internal/external stakeholders for project success.
- Produce software releases adhering to the operational release management process.
- Provide 3rd/4th level operational support for the production systems.
- Collaborate with the development teams in other locations.
- Liaise with internal customers, namely Operations, Data Operations, and Regional Teams on software release, data validation and support.
- Configure and maintain the development test environment.
- Compliant with software development process and contribute to the continuous process improvement.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical and/or Functional skills
Proficiency with at least one of the popular JS frameworks and libraries: Jquery, Ajax, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Polymer, etc.
well understanding of good UI/UX design
Familiar with at least one of general-purpose programming languages such as Java, C .
Knowledge and practical experience in OOAD and Design Patterns is a plus.
Practical experience in IP-based protocols (TCP/IP, UDP).
Have certain development experiences on Linux/Unix platform.
Experience with scripts programming like Perl/Ruby/Python is strongly preferred.
Exposure to database system programming will be an added advantage.
Other skills and abilities:
Quick learner and ability to quickly grasp technical/business concepts.
Technically-inclined, analytical, meticulous and attentive to details.
Ability to solve problems in real-time production systems.
A proactive team player with the ability to work in dynamic environments.
Work independently, takes ownership of problems within own area of knowledge and accountable for the quality of own work.
Ability to work under tight deadlines with high stress tolerance and potentially overtime with advance notice from management.
Can work late for teleconference with overseas developers occasionally, to provide technical support over telephone to assist first and second level support, round the clock.
Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and comfortable in cross-cultural environment.
Good spoken and written English.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top