Principal Software Engineer
iRPM is designed to be a solution providing shared Authentication (AuthN) and Authorization (AuthZ) services, to all the F&R DBoR Building Blocks where Identity verification and Resource permissions need to be presented and managed in a universal way, and through a central point of management. There are already several Identity Provider service around the company, including SAFE, Active Directory Network (TEN Domain Account), TR ID and AAA. The proposed solution of iRPM, should be able to federate with any of them (although compliance and staff lifecycle management requirements may prefer SAFE or TEN Domain Account as IdP, for now, until we have a strategic Identity Provider for the new company), and provide the user/group/policy/lifecycle management etc. as outlined in 'Building Blocks' below, and specifically provide the Resource Permission Management service suitable for DBoR needs. Please see the below sections for details.
This Job is to work with Technical Specialist and the team to build the solution on AWS.
Working as a member of the team at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
Designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment.
Researching and learning new methodologies and technologies and bring this knowledge to the team.
Participate in cross-departmental meetings and cross-train with other team members. Work as a team to demo, track, and produce reports for all projects pertinent to the group.
Ability to establish successful and results-oriented working relationships with a diverse set of personalities.
- knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL/Oracle) and NoSQL(ElasticSearch, Redis)
- Server-side development experience using C# or Java
- Experience of Deployment(preferably continuous integration with Jenkins)
- Experience of the following AWS services (or equivalent cloud services) is strongly preferred: Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, IoT etc.
- Experience of GIT-based development workflow, TDD.
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- Education: MS in Computer Engineering or related.
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Team work in a dynamic and innovative environment
- Thrive to learn new technology
- Good oral and written English communication skills
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Back to top