Principal Quality Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION - Role and Responsibilities
- Write and execute test cases based on Functional requirements.
- Perform functional, regression testing of applications.
- Test front-end Web applications as well as back-end infrastructure
- Write and execute automated functional test scripts.
- Compose test plan based on project process, business objectives, resources and required technologies & skills
- Create status report detailing progress of all ongoing projects
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Attention to detail and a passion for testing.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work in global dynamic environments.
- Ability to work under tight schedule with high stress tolerance.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Required skills or knowledge:
- Software Development experience using language like Java, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience testing Web and Database applications and working knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL.
- Knowledge of Web Server, HTTP protocol, XML, Basic Networking
- Experience in test automation tools using Robot, Selenium, QTP, etc. is preferred.
- Working as team lead for 1 year is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top