Principal Database Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for a database administrator with 5 years of Oracle Database Management experience on Solaris/Unix/Linux platform. The role is working within the INFR team which is responsible for the installation, development, performance tuning and maintenance of the Oracle databases, which host the most comprehensive financial fundamental data in Thomson Reuters. The DBA team is the centre of expertise in Oracle capabilities and responsible for managing the Oracle databases in various environments. The INFR team also plays a critical role in developing the next-generation systems based on big data technologies.
The successful applicant must liaise with the various stakeholder groups and provide effective communication, using the language and terminology of the particular group. The main stakeholders that the INFR team must work with include development teams, second and third level support and operations teams in various locations including US, UK and Bangalore.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years Database Management experience with Oracle DBA areas;
- Familiar with Oracle 10/11g, e.g VCS, RAC etc
- Required languages: 5+ years programming in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL;
- Good knowledge of Solaris/Unix / Linux;
- Familiar with automation script languages, e.g. Python, Kshell, Perl etc ;
- Show real experience on DB tuning technology etc. SQL,PL/SQL,DB parameters, system kernel etc;
- Ability to forge relationships with key development and operational personnel ;
- Ability to provide design insight for Oracle technologies ;
- Strong understanding of software systems, development issues, methodologies, and processes within a professional software development practice;
- Good attention to detail;
- Experience in Java and NoSQL is a strong plus;
- Lead all database maintenance activities and submit changes to the hosting team for implementation - monthly, quarterly, annual;
- Coordinate all required batch, export and other special requests;
- Good verbal and written English
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top