Principal Attorney Editor, The Rutter Group
- Work with team of experienced attorney editors to maintain the accurate drafting and editing of top-quality legal content on established publishing schedules.
- Review and edit legal content created by authors and others, and draft original content as necessary.
- Ensure that editorial content conforms with The Rutter Group's brand of excellence, including that the content adheres to The Rutter Group style of writing and organization, is clear, concise, complete, precisely accurate and properly indexed, as well as optimally presented for print and online versions.
- Able to read and assimilate quickly, to become familiar with new fields of law so as to be able to write about them and to be able to recognize and correct inaccurate, misleading, erroneous and incomplete statements of law written by others.
- Knowledge and competence in Thomson Reuters Legal/Westlaw navigation and online research tools.
- Monitor legal developments through CLE, daily review of new case law, new and amended legislation and pertinent legal articles as required to complete competent and reliable work.
- Work across organizational boundaries and functions.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers, as a representative of the organization.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the legal market environment, including customers and competitors, and promote good market awareness within the editorial team.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Contribute to the drafting of Rutter Group seminar brochures, book catalogues and other marketing materials.
- Assist with editorial input in creating marketing brochures and other Rutter Group Practice Guide promotional materials.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent grammar and punctuation skills.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and communicate complex legal material in simple concise language.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/projects.
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- J.D. degree.
- Admitted to the California Bar.
- 8 years of relevant legal experience including practicing law in California (6 years preferred).
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top