PR Manager, Reuters
PR MANAGER, EMEA, REUTERS
Job title: PR Manager, EMEA, Reuters
Reports to: Senior Director of PR, Reuters
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight for professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com.
Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
Role Purpose and Accountabilities
Reuters is seeking an experienced PR Manager responsible for publicity, proactive and responsive media relations, issues management, marketing and related public relations activities in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Reporting to the Senior Director of PR, the PR Manager, EMEA, will manage public relations activities across editorial and commercial operations in Reuters largest region, working in close partnership with senior stakeholders to devise and implement strategies and tactics to enhance Reuters reputation. The role is responsible, with support from the Senior Director, for managing complex reputational issues that arise in the region.
The PR Manager is the team's lead and expert in EMEA and requires a good understanding of those markets and their media, an appreciation of Reuters presence and output there and a willingness to expand the role into new territories. The role is part of the team that manages communications for Reuters globally.
The role manages all aspects of communications and so requires a confident self-starter, able to manage senior stakeholders, work autonomously and use their initiative to lead issues and generate strategies and tactics.
- Promotion and publicity for all aspects of Reuters editorial and commercial areas, including Reuters journalism, Reuters News Agency, Reuters Pictures, Reuters Newsmakers and other events
- Broadcast media relations: Proactively pitch Reuters stories to broadcast media across EMEA to promote Reuters content and journalists. Develop relationships with broadcast producers, secure appearances and respond to incoming requests, especially during periods of breaking news
- Secure media profiles, inclusion in trend stories, and coverage of Reuters business leaders, journalists, products/services
- Provide communications counsel and guidance to colleagues, including members of Reuters Executive Leadership Team and Reuters News Agency Leadership
- Identify, mitigate against and manage reputational issues
- Work with external organisations to promote Reuters journalists as speakers and experts in their field at events across the region.
- Contribute content and creativity to various collateral materials
- Work with other parts of Thomson Reuters to promote editorial content, including Corporate Communications colleagues and other businesses within Thomson Reuters
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in PR or journalism, preferably with in-house experience, and good knowledge of news and media industries
- Excellent written and spoken English (other relevant languages advantageous but not essential)
- Strong issues/crisis management skills
- Experience of delivering international campaigns
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as collaborative member of a team
- Sound presentation skills and the ability to effectively influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills
- Sound knowledge of the EMEA markets and their media
- An interest in global current affairs
- An understanding of news, finance and tech, and how they may intersect
- A good understanding of Reuters output
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top