PORTUGUESE Payroll Specialist
• Processes payroll for multiple countries using intermediate Excel skills and with an understanding of payroll calculations.
• Advanced payroll skills in at least one country which includes statutory requirements.
• Understands Social Security and tax caculations.
• Manages workload effectively with minimal instruction .
• Responds to inquiries from employees, managers and vendors using good communication skills; English fluency is required along with possible fluency in other languages depending on role.
• Generates reports related to specific country payroll.
The responsibilities of this job profile may progress to include the following responsibilities:
• Performs complex payroll calculations using advanced Excel skills.
• Processes payroll for multiple countries using thorough understanding of statutory requirements for all payrolls processed.
• Prepares and is responsible for 3rd party payments.
• Assists with special projects as required.
• Answers complex queries from employees, managers, business unit controllers, vendors and governmental agencies using using good communication skills; English fluency is required along with possible fluency in other languages depending on role.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
• Entry level professional roles requiring a discipline specific degree or the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts.
• General professional and conceptual knowledge of theories and principles within a discipline.
• Basic understanding of the roles of relevant functional groups within own area.
• Applies general knowledge of business, developed through education, to make informed judgements.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Lagunilla de Heredia-Costa Rica
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top