Planning & Ops Manager
Working in a fast paced environment requires the Manager to strike the balance between influencing the desired behaviors across the sales & account management team whilst enforcing governance and good disciplines when required. In summary, the key personal attributes of the manager include:
- Being a source of positive energy with a committed and enthusiastic "can-do" work ethic
- High degree of personal motivation to thrive and proactively deliver results without the need for close supervision
- Ability to influence all levels within the sales & account management team to support, coach and enforce where necessary the knowledge and disciplines required to achieve target
- Ability to think critically, analyze complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages and reports
- A pragmatic but detailed execution focus with the ability to operate under time pressures to deliver 'right first time' information and contributing as part of a closely-knit team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities by providing innovative solutions to how the business can improve
- Key Responsibilities
- Business Partner for South Asia head, process expert, managing the regional operating rhythm and ensuring Sales Operations is recognized as the central point for other groups to communicate to the market.
- Responsible for managing and administering all sales operations activities including territory design, incentive design, support for business reviews, etc.
- Provide decision support and operational insights, pipeline & forecast management.
- Key coordination role for all business and growth activities ensuring that these are properly driven across the market.
- Contribute to defining and focus on implementing & adopting sales tools, key metrics and process.
- Ensure our client-facing staff have the right tools to perform and design or trigger relevant training when necessary.
- Manage, guide and mentor an Analyst level role whose principal accountabilities are to perform detailed analysis on various performance metrics and reporting to senior management.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong presentation and articulation skills which includes effective written and verbal communication
- Established analytical skills that lead to application of sound financial/commercial acumen
- Self-starter, proactive with a strong sense of accountability
- Experience in operating within a matrix structure that includes influencing senior leaders and managing expectations
- Working knowledge of key CRM and BI tools such as Salesforce.com & Tableau
- 10 years+ track record in an operations role
- Bachelor degree qualified or above (preferably finance related field)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top