We have an opportunity available for a Patent Attorney to join our Corporate Office. The position will be based in our Eagan, location.
Responsibilities will be primarily directed toward patent preparation and prosecution of software patents including:
- Patent filing strategy formulation, including identifying potentially important patentable inventions.
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications, both domestic and foreign.
- Coordination of domestic and foreign patent prosecution.
- Assistance with patent portfolio analysis and reviews.
- Admission to practice at the U.S. Patent Office and in good standing.
- JD required
- 3+ years experience in a large firm and/or corporate setting specializing in intellectual property law.
- Experience drafting and prosecuting utility and design patent applications.
- Initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top