Partner Manager Toronto
Partnership Manager Canada, Go To Market
The Partners team in Go To Market is responsible for driving growth of the Thomson Reuters partnership business through the management of existing partnership relationships and initiation of new partnerships. We have the need for a partnership manager to join our dynamic team. This role preferably requires an experienced sales and relationship management professional with good understanding of Thomson Reuters clients, business and organization. This self-starter will manage key existing partnerships and develop new partnership relationships to expand Thomson Reuters footprint and revenues via new partner sales channels.
This position reports to Market Development Head responsible for GTM partners, Americas and is expected to be based in Toronto.
The Partnership Manager in Go To Market (GTM) is responsible for the account management (growth and retention) of named partner accounts while driving partner solutions through the regular sales channel to TR customers. The role will also work closely with the Partner Proposition team to identify and on-board strategic partners, as well as collaborate with other stakeholders across the organization, including the account management and sales teams.
- This position manages and grows revenue plus Thomson Reuters market share through partner relationships to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve TRs strategic objectives. Develops and grows partner relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth and expand sector propositions.
- Frame and execute on business development, marketing and go-to-market plans for new and existing partners to achieve sales objectives by working collaboratively with Sales channel colleagues, Segment/Sector heads and the Partners proposition team.
- Manages, retains and grows revenue through partnerships, responsible for sales and the partner relationship (includes new sales and quota attainment).
- Work closely with TR Canada management team
- Cultivates partner relationships and ensure effective service delivery to clients through account teams and partner contacts.
- Supports execution of partnership strategy with the partner relationships and at the account level.
- Responsible for forecasting in TRUST, keeps management in touch with partner accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity with partners and gives feedback to Marketing.
- Acts as the point of contact for the partner relationship, provides escalation path to/from Service, attends to partnership issues promptly.
- Ownership of partnership contract negotiation, renegotiation, notifications, term sheets, etc.
- Management and fulfillment of partnership agreements through coordination with Legal.
- Ongoing account management of new and existing partnership relationships. Support new partner on-boarding
- Defined sales objectives
- Local partners point of contact for Waterloo labs. TRs fintech innovation incubator.
- Identify and attend industry events, conferences, and meetings that provide potential new or expanded partnership opportunities for F&R's content and solutions offerings, and promote existing F&R partnerships.
- Work as point of contact for sales channel, along with Partnership Proposition, for new partnership opportunities
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters product and services..
- Strong understanding of Market data feeds, and how customers use them.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Knowledge of the Canadian financial industry and F&R's organizational approach to serving the industry. Ability to work in a fintech environment
- Previous partnership, sales and account management experience preferred, including experience with drafting of partnership agreements
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills essential
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in matrixed organization
- Strong interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top