Paralegal, IP Protection
Title: Paralegal, IP Protection
Reports to: Principal Legal Counsel
Start date: 5 August 2019
Thomson Reuters Global Resources Unlimited Company (TRGR) owns and manages a significant number of modern, multi-lingual, highly scalable technology platforms, brand, content sets and other technologies as well as the associated intellectual property, that enable rapid, cost-effective development and deployment of information products to a global user base. TRGR is located at Thomson Reuters Enterprise Centre in Zug, Switzerland.
The Enterprise Centre Legal department provides legal support for all aspects of TRGR's operations, including M&A activity, inter-company and third-party contracts, corporate governance, HR, protection of intellectual property, privacy and regulatory compliance. The Brand Marketing and Protection Department provides leadership in the companies Brand Marketing activities, including Brand Strategy, Events and Trades Shows, Agency Management, Enterprise Content and Thought Leadership and Brand Protection services. Brand Protection services within TRGR include domain ownership and governance, trademark monitoring and protection, naming and brand strategy and brand asset ownership.
At the direction of the Principal Legal Counsel, Enterprise Centre to perform various duties in support of the Enterprise Centre Legal Department as further specified below:
- Provide support for all day to day tasks in the legal department including work with the Principal Legal Counsel and other members of the Thomson Reuters Legal, Finance, Tax and Brand Marketing and Protection departments;
- Manage the documents execution process ensuring that (i) contracts are signed in a timely and efficient manner, (ii) appropriate signatures, notarization and legalization are completed, (iii) external providers (e.g. notaries) are contacted, (iv) maintaining up to date records of contact personnel and authorized signatories and (v) documents are filed appropriately e.g. contract management system, shared drives and/or binders;
- Working with and administering Thomson Reuters technology services including document automation, electronic signatures and contract management systems;
- Organize and coordinate TRGR internal meetings and approval processes e.g. investment/divestiture committee approvals;
- Assist with the gathering of documents, fact finding and other preparations for projects;
- Participate as appropriate in broader legal department projects and initiatives; and
- Assist with Brand Protection services.
- High school degree, professional school degree
- Law firm or corporate legal team experience is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Hands on mentality and result driven focus.
- Ability to prioritize work during periods of peak activity.
- Ability and desire to learn and broaden experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and become familiar with Thomson Reuters internal IT systems including contract drafting tools, electronic signature systems, contract management system, project management software and other databases and compliance systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently on assigned projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German essential.
- Prior experience working in large matrix organization which requires effective collaboration skills is a plus.
- Experience in working with legal documents and legal (document) automation services is a plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top