Operations Specialist (Night Shift)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
WM/Reuters have been operating since 1994, and became part of Thomson Reuters by acquisition in April 2016. The business provides an exchange rate service for Spot, Forward and NDF rates at fixed points throughout the global day. WM/Reuters rates are recognized as the global standard for FX benchmarks, used by more than 1000 financial institutions worldwide.
Position Title: Operations Specialist (Night Shift)
This role is within the Content Operations team, Night Shift. This shift produces the exchange rate service from 10pm to 6am daily, from Sunday night to Friday morning. Primarily, this role involves the provision of accurate and timely exchange rates to clients who subscribe to the WM/Reuters Spot, Forward and NDF services
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Service Delivery
- Gather, research and validate global currency data
- Secondary QC of benchmark rates
- Completion of query resolution and subscriber support
- Perform monitoring of market data post publication
- Respond to client enquiries and issue service related news
- Research real time market movements and share these findings in the internal communication tools
- Invoke support network to raise and resolve issues
- Inform management of any potential issues liable to impact deadlines or quality
- Generate ideas to improve systems, procedures, services through shift lead
- Analysis and Production Support
- Participate in project work and service improvement initiatives
- Assist in the production of documentation
- Continuously consider and mitigate exposure of the service to Operational Risk
- Subscribers to the WM/Reuters exchange rate services
- Thomson Reuters Support and Development teams
- Content Operations and Proposition colleagues
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate strong numeracy skills
- Demonstrate literacy, both verbal and written skills
- Able to understand and interpret complex market information
- Have a high regard for accuracy
- Be able to multi task producing accurate work under pressure of time
- Effective at decision making, including when faced with partial information
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work in a small team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of the global financial marketplace
- Graduate Entry level, or equivalent
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top