The Operations Manager role, reports to the regional Technical Service Owner within the Service Management, Major Incident & Service Communications team under Customer Support.
It is an integral part of the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk major incident management response capability for customer incidents, it forms part of our follow the sun operation. Additionally, the role provides operational oversight and integrity and thus is a key stakeholder to GTM and the customer experience.
The role is mirrored by counterparts both within the region and in our Global Service Centres in Gdynia and St Louis.
The Operations Manager is expected to lead major incident management cases and represent the interests of both the customer(s) and Thomson Reuters internally and with a range of 3rd party suppliers. A key part of the role is providing senior management visibility of major incidents impacting customers.
The role requires deep knowledge of the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk platforms and connectivity offerings, in addition to a proven track record working within the ITIL framework, in particular the incident, problem and change processes combined with strong customer service skills.
A key part of the role is to ensure operational governance and integrity within the Customer Support teams across the region, this requires close stakeholder management with peers from the different support entities.
The role is shift based and includes out of hours contact, in addition due to the location of the role, local language capabilities for Mandarin and Cantonese are required with strong English written and oral skills.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive operational oversight for the Customer Support (Technical Support) capability within the ASIA region.
- Manage the regional Daily Buzz session and publication of output.
- Proactively review Change activity for business critical customers within the various Customer Support focus groups.
- Act as an interface for counterparts within the Help Desk, Content and Enterprise Technology Operations teams eg; GNOC, RSM and ISM.
- Provide proactive interface for GTM business unit stakeholders such as Service Relationship and Technical Account Management.
- Ensure senior management visibility through both existing processes such as Major Incident Management in addition to ad-hoc requests.
- Take ownership of escalation requests, ensuring transparency of ownership through any further handover process; including where required with 3rd party suppliers.
- Drive stakeholder engagement; including "voice of Customer Support" as an active member of the Beijing Operations Centre (Help Desk, Content, FPSI).
- Proactive "voice of the customer" and "customer champion" within Customer Support, wider Customer Operations such as FPSI and GTM.
- Identify, lead, drive and own Service Improvement initiatives both individually and as a wider team member.
- Hold resolver groups and wider teams accountable for their deliverables, service offering and actions.
- Champion business driven change to support the Thomson Reuters F&R strategy.
- Set the bar for service excellence both individually and coach, act as mentor for colleagues and peers.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Strong Network / Operations experience with a primary focus on Service Assurance.
- At least 5 years experience supporting customers (as first or second point of contact)
- The ability to engage and challenge across departments, segments and level of management.
- Broad understanding of Thomson Reuters core platforms / product sets including Edge, TSP, (FXT) Dealing, EMS (EaaS)
- A deep understanding of Delivery Direct connectivity
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills (especially presentation and hosting of major incident calls).
- Customer focused in all aspects of your work.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services from a strategic perspective; ie' the journey ahead.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time not moving away from a team player
- Able to perform effectively under pressure
- Local Mandarin / Cantonese (Preference) & Strong English written & oral skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top