Open-Big-Data Global Community Lead
We have recently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new technology center will be the preeminent hub of innovation. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new center.
We're looking for a tech-savvy community lead to join the product management team and become the face of our open big data platforms (CM-Well, PermID.org, OpenCalais). This individual will also represent the "customer voice" in internal communications.
The ideal candidate is a "people person", should be passionate about promoting the community, helping users achieving their goals, using Thomson Reuters' products.
She/he should have exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a great customer service approach.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the community, manage inquiries, provide day to day support and help users solve issues.
- Represent the community inside the organization, communicate insights to the teams.
- Help define and manage the open-source review and feedback processes.
- Represent Thomson Reuters in relevance industry conferences and events.
- Manage communications, including writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, press releases, communications materials, websites and content for social media platforms.
- Extract useful analytics insights to help improve our service.
- Grow the community using social media marketing, web presence and various methods.
- Identify potential customers to be converted to be using Thomson Reuters paid services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields are preferred. MSs is an advantage.
- Experience in contributing to open source initiatives is an advantage.
- 3 years as a community manager or an equivalent role.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, service-oriented atmosphere
- Proactive, creative thinker that can resolve problems in a timely manner.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top