North Asia Journalist
North Asia Journalist, Asian Legal Business Magazine
Global Growth Operations (GGO)
Reporting to: Managing Editor, ALB/Legal Media Group
The North Asia Journalist will write both magazine and online stories, assist on certain key products like the rankings as well some guides and supplements. He/she will cover the North Asia legal market, which includes Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China. Ideally the person will have 2-4 years of experience in editorial in business or B2B/trade media.
- Magazine: Write monthly features, compile sections, come up with new story and section ideas.
- Online: Writebreaking news and online features.
- Other products: Assist in the rankings process as well as supplements and/or guides
- Solid interviewing and writing skills, with experience in writing 1000-2000 word features
- Some exposure to business writing
- Able to work under deadline pressure with quick turnaround times for writing and editing
- Familiarity with the business of law is a plus, but not critical
- Minimum of two years of journalism experience in a fast-paced publishing environment
- Journalism degree or equivalent additional work experience
- Personable and able to build networks quickly
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top