NLP Software Engineer
We work oncomplex textually based problems and finding algorithmic solutions to them,taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness.
We createtools for professionals to build their own NLP solution in areas such as entityextraction, text categorization and concordance (matching).
We have asuper positive and constructive atmosphere. Very hard to match.
We have accessto lots of high quality data such as: News, financial, legal,scientific, social media and more...
We love whatwe do.
Essential Day-To-Day responsibilities:
Design,develop and maintain text metadata extraction components. The job will includeanalyzing complex textually based problems and finding algorithmic solutions tothem, while taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness.The ideal candidate will assume responsibility over major features withsometimes incomplete requirements and is expected to create high qualitysolutions and implement them in a production grade level.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- B.Sc. in a relevantfield: Computer Science/Software Engineering/Applied Mathematics. M.Sc. an advantage.
- Hands on experiencein at least one of the following domains: NLP / Machine Learning / Data Mining/ Algorithms
- At least 3 years ofprogramming experience – Java/Scala is a must
- Natural curiosityfor data crunching and analysis
- Excellent communicationskills. A team player
Nice To Have:
- Experience withHadoop/Spark/Big data technologies
- Experience withElasticSearch/Solr
- Experience withScript languages (Python, Groovy, etc.)
- Innovative thinker •Problem solver • Self-managed (independent) • Responsible • Hard worker
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top