New Business Sales – Transaction Sales, FX (Mandarin & Cantonese Language)
New Business Sales - Transaction Sales (FX)
Financial and Risk
Go to Market (GTM), Asia
This position will sell FX trading services to banks, asset managers, hedge funds, active traders and corporates in North Asia. The individual will develop and execute as sales strategy covering our FX products whilst liaising with other sales & account teams to deliver integrated trading, data and post-trade solutions. The role will cover clients in Taiwan and Hong Kong so proficient Mandarin and Cantonese language is required.
- Create and manage a pipeline of large new sales opportunities
- Introducing product functionality, benefits & USPs to prospective clients
- Apply knowledge of the markets, business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth
- Closing holistic deals that make sense for both the customer and TR
- Negotiate contracts
- Continue to maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Collaborate with sales & account team and/or other business units where required and has oversight of all sales activities within the territory
- Forecasting - keeps management in touch sales activities, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to other internal stakeholders
- Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong understanding of FX trading business models and workflows
- Strong understanding of electronic trading uses and existing offerings
- Deep domain knowledge of FX electronic trading
- Relationship building skills
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency
- Problem solving--ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese is a must. Both prefer
- Ability to collaborate with other TR teams
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Back to top