New Business Junior Executive
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization. At Thomson Reuters, you can build a career without boundaries and do work that matters, with the flexibility to pursue your passion. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
There is an immediate vacancy for a
New Business Junior Executive (f/m)
based in Frankfurt.
The New Business Junior Executive demonstrates Thomson Reuters' solutions to new customers, develop proposals, negotiate contracts and finally close the business. This role involves developing prospect base, acquiring and onboarding new customers with a strong focus on Gross Sales as well as driving lead generation efforts and securing new qualified opportunities which are distributed among Thomson Reuters' sales channels. Leads coming from different internal and external sources have to be qualified and followed-up. Effective handover to dedicated Account Manager has to be ensured.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful, motivated individual with a high level of intellectual curiosity, especially towards the financial markets. Inspired by the ongoing changes in the industry - Digitalization, disruptive technologies and the growing FinTech community is something you are feeling enthusiastic about. Risk and Regulatory changes are areas of future growth as they are impacting our customers; a brief understanding of those requirements is a benefit for the applicant.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Identify prospects and generate sales to new customers.
- Conversion of Leads provided by the different Sales Channels
- Usage of different Social Media channels for targeting and prospecting.
- Work close with the different Specialist Teams in Desktop, Enterprise and Risk & Compliance
- Applies knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth.
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and can easily differentiate our USPs to the customer
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to other internal stakeholders.
- Acts as point of contact for the prospects/clients, provides escalation path to and from Service and attends to customer issues promptly as appropriate.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on client segment/campaign strategy and identify additional opportunities
PERSON SPECIFICATION - REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Good business acumen and a working knowledge of the financial industry
- 1-3 years of industry or market experience, preferably with sales focus
- Fluent in German and English, excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of energy, self-motivation, competitiveness, and a desire to positively impact the business
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate simple to complex proposition/consultative selling)
- Negotiating and influencing skills needed in order to handle objections and convert leads into prospects
- Ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Creative solution-orientated approach with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong customer focus work ethic
- Graduate level education in Business Administration or equivalent
- Proven ability to learn quickly
The position will be offered on local terms and conditions.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top