Network Implementation Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is seeking a talented and motivated WAN engineer to join the WAN engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the team that is responsible for planning, designing, engineering, and supporting an advanced carrier class WAN environment in an enterprise setting. This fast-paced environment will challenge your knowledge of BGP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, Cisco hardware, Cisco IOS/XR, JunoOS, and other complex network technologies. In this role, you will be an important member of a critical team for our organization.
- Drives and "owns" specific areas within projects
- Schedules and Implements Network changes via Network Change Instructions
- Clearly communicates issues and concepts
- Understands what our business is
- Assists in providing 3rd level support
- Continuously improves specific areas within the team's remit
- Assists in evaluating and testing new technologies
- Assists in developing and publishing standards, designs, and other documentation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, or equivalent years of experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and RIP
- Experience with Cisco ASR, CRS, 7600, 6500, & 7200 platforms, Juniper Experience
- Knowledge of carrier technologies such as SONET, SDH, DWDM, and Ethernet services (MEF) as well as the ability to work with carriers for troubleshooting purposes
- An understanding of MPLS technologies such as L3 VPN, L2 VPN, and any the following: VPLS, MPLS QoS, MPLS TE and mVPN
- An understanding of multicast technologies such as PIM Sparse mode, PIM Dense mode, and PIM SSM
- Connector's types & Fibre types
- MTU throughput testing, Jumbo frames
- Minimum of 3 years experience ideally working in a carrier network or a large enterprise network in a design, engineering, or architecture role
- Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to clearly articulate complex issues
- Team player with proven track record of successful project delivery
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top