Network Engineering position to provide network analysis, coordination and technology solutions supporting the CET environment in the Real-Time Collection Development environments, and working with internal and external groups.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
Supports analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation and modification of small to medium scale infrastructures.
- Assist with the analysis and design of complex solutions and requirements definition.
- Translates technical and business requirements into physical installations.
- Determines practical solutions and obtains agreement to proposed solutions.
- Designs and costs hardware elements of system and network designs.
- Documents information required for deployment in Operations.
- Assist with resolving root cause of problems.
- Research and analyze problems with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Execute on all major and minor projects and implementation of various solutions.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Produce data and information for weekly and monthly reports for trackable metrics.
Typically works on one or more projects at a time as a member of the project team(s), but can also provide support for multiple projects depending upon nature of assignment.
- Works on small to large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines.
- Accountable for quality of own work, and management of own time.
- Responsible for estimating effort required for own work, and checking other team member estimates.
- Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards and procedures.
- Provides specialist technical guidance and advice.
- Drives continual process and quality improvements.
- Heavily involved with hardware and software configuration testing and certification, systems design and implementation,
- Heavily involved with Cisco switches and routers installation, configurations and troubleshooting, etc.
- Review technical documentation of designed systems and solutions
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry experience and associated number of years of experience:
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a network administrator/analyst or support in an enterprise environment, or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and coordinate the delivery of complex network designs/projects on time, on budget while meeting customer requirements
- Great knowledge and troubleshooting experience on unicast/multicast routing and dynamic routing in a LAN and WAN environment – vrf, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, etc.
- Great knowledge and troubleshooting experience on firewall policies, NATs and VPNs.
- Experienced on one or more protocol analyzers (e.g., Sniffer Pro, Ethereal/Wireshark, etc).
- Require strong communication skills -- ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences including engineering peers, developers and customers and senior management,
- Require strong written skills -- ability to document technical ideas, coordination and reports.
- Able to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with little daily supervision.
Desired Skills, necessary industry experience and associated number of years of experience:
- Experience with Cisco IOS is strongly desired. Possessing/working towards a CCNA certification or beyond is recommended
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top