Natural Gas Specialist
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv.
At Refinitiv we serve the global financial community and provide them with a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters agency .
Our office in Gdynia is one of the strategic business operations centers embracing talent from over 40 countries and cultivating expertise in data analysis, compliance and risk management, order to cash administration, and professional client services.
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
The Commodities Research and Forecasts (CRF) group was formed in 2012 and is comprised of analysts providing insight and model forecasts into the oil, natural gas, power, carbon, agriculture, and metals global markets. Our core mission is turning data overload into market knowledge that empowers commodities professionals to make better-informed decisions.
You will directly report to Refinitiv Head of North America Natural Gas Research based in NYC and you will collaborate with other team members spread in different locations globally.
SOME OF THE DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Lead and develop North America Natural Gas analytical deliverables for Refinitiv customers
- Develop and/or enhance models of natural gas supply and demand
- Develop and maintain data charts and tables in Eikon - Refinitiv flagship product
- Perform statistical analysis on time-series data
- Maintain and update code of econometric models written in Matlab code
- Prepare morning reports covering daily North America gas fundamentals
- Support target customers including analysts and traders active in North America Natural Gas markets
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- At least a bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field,
- Minimum of 3-years' experience (either academic or commercial) in analysis or model development,
- Good working knowledge of analytical tools such as Matlab, R, SPSS, SAS, etc.,
- Demonstrated analytical skills, excellent teamwork and communication skills,
- Fundamental analysis skills especially drivers of price formation and direction, supply & demand, storage,
- Self-motivation and independence - demonstrated success in initiating new ideas for product development,
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have 3+ years' experience of fundamental analysis of energy markets
- You have technical skills in application usage/development involving Oracle/SQL, Java or Python
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Access to internal products with real-time economic data
- A range of development opportunities through on-site and international projects
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, Multisport card, weekly fruit days and more than 10 sports teams to join
- Extra 5% of your salary to invest in funds and secure your future
- Two additional days off for voluntary and social jobs
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 40 countries
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Back to top