Monitoring and Screening Analyst
Thomson Reuters (TR) is building a Service that will ensure that the global financial community can clearly identify who its corporate customers are, in order to fulfill regulations designed to combat financial crime. This is a very rare opportunity to join a business which is being built specifically to fulfill a known requirement of the regulated community, with whom we are already engaged, ensuring the Service conforms to their needs. Additionally Thomson Reuters has the capabilities; the assets and the funding that should enable it to be first to market.
We are establishing a brand new business that will meet the needs of its clients and service users. This is a business that:
- Delivers service with integrity and in a collaborative way so as to build trust at all levels of engagement
- Is customer obsessed
- Aspires to gain the respect of clients and peers, and in turn attract the best talent
- Conducts business in a pro-active, conscientious, transparent and professional manner
- Is committed to deliver excellent service
- Always looks to empower others and nurture an environment of learning
- Continually challenges itself to do things, better, faster and in a way that does not reduce quality, whilst generating profits for the firm.
The new leadership roles are integral to ensuring that the new organisation flourishes. The roles are designed to:
- Lead and encourage excellent performance from colleagues
- Embed a client focused and commercially sound operating model.
To deliver timely and accurate research, creating then maintaining appropriate records:
- Liaises with colleagues in OrgID, placing orders for "hard to get" data.
To work with colleagues from other teams e.g. the Client Liaison Team to gather specific identity documents from legal entities.
(Activities and tasks)
Undertakes timely and accurate research as an essential member of the local research team:
- Resolves "matches" as part of on-going screening (i.e. adverse information, negative media)
- Resolves "monitoring events" as part of monitoring (i.e. mergers, ownership stages)
- Updates KYC records with valid screening matches and monitoring events
- Creates and maintains appropriate and accurate KYC records in the system
- Scans original documents into the system
- Summarises and / or translates non-English language documents (to a compliance standard)
- Facilitates appropriate work orders to the agreed SLAs
- Supports Team Lead in preparing training materials and L1-L2 reporting
- Drives process excellence by coming up and assisting in implementation of improvements
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Monitoring and Screening Analyst:
- Reports to the Monitoring and Screening Team Lead
- Interacts with other Operations team colleagues e.g. Case Management Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Interacts with Policy Management Team on e.g. challenging research questions and Client Liaison Team colleagues, e.g. to explain identity document collection requirements
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Previous research experience and a sound track record of:
- Applying critical thinking to analyse issues
- Paying attention to detail and delivering activities on time
- Processing quantitative data and solving problems
- Managing multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
- Well-developed communication skills:
- In particular questioning and listening skills
- Working fluently in English and another language
- Experience of working in Microsoft applications at intermediate level (advanced Excel skills would be an asset)
It is useful if candidates are able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- Some understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC) and its related policies/procedures
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top