Mgr, Software Development
Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting for Government optimizes your resources, your revenues and your public service. Meeting everyday challenges with creative solutions is what the spirit of government is all about: managing your land and tax administration process more efficiently and automate it with our Aumentum to help you maximize revenues and improve efficiencies. Aumentum simplifies the revenue management lifecycle for governments around the world.
Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting is seeking a results-oriented, highly-collaborative and effective leader who combines software development, quality and people management experience with proactive leadership for the position of Software Development Manager.
This role acts as a leader for a team of software professionals. The key function of this role is to serve as the focal point for staff issues including talent development, effective partnership with diverse groups, and driving delivery of cutting edge software solutions.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of SDLC in Agile development environment. Lead effort of staff sizing and delivery/resource forecasting. Manage and negotiate scope with partners and peers. An eye for process changes and optimization to be more efficient and effective emphasizing time to market, transparency, and risk management.
In this role you will, lead your team of Engineers, Business Analysts & QA Engineers. Be a hands on technical leader, empower your team to do good engineering work, use the right tools for the right job, be a mentor to future leaders, and maintain a work/life balance.
Organizational Effectiveness / People Skills:
- Provide leadership by establishing department and individuals goals.
- Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the organization structure, roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for department and individual performance assessments and improvement plans.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, assisting employees to develop individual career development and training plans.
- Create trust and credibility with stakeholders and customers and work with them to identify issues and opportunities.
- Remove roadblocks to delivery execution with diplomacy and a sense of urgency.
- Improves the quality of development in the organizations and promotes the best development practices, under the direction of management.
- Implement metrics to measure velocity and code quality to improve business value.
- Build transparency, accountability and collaboration in the distributed team.
- Willingness to travel (10 to 20%).
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years management of a development team consisting of Software Engineers, Business Analysts & QA Engineers.
- Management of high performance distributed SCRUM teams working closely with the Scrum Masters.
- Experience managing global multicultural teams spanning continents and time zones.
- Articulates technical and non-technical information effectively to multiple audiences and levels; including senior executives
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Strong bias for proactive action, taking ownership and initiative and willing to take risks when appropriate.
- Active listening skills, open to learning and ideas from others; willingness to offer a point of view.
- A strong advocate for innovation.
Technical & Education Qualification:
- Minimum of 8 years' experience with latest development tools & technologies, planning, execution & monitoring Software Development processes.
- Bachelor's degree required. Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft development technologies; such as ASP.net, C#.net, SQL Server.
- Working knowledge in front-end technologies such as AngularJS, TypeScript etc.
- Working knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Knowledge in unit testing, integration testing, automated testing and work item tracking/source code management tools (TFS).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good collaborative problem-solving capabilities
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top