Medical News Journalist
Reuters,the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largestinternational multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion peopleevery day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, andinternational news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world'smedia organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Thomson Reuters is seeking a Medical News Journalist for Reuters Health consumer and professional clients. A leading provider of medical and healthcare news, Reuters Health delivers well over 150 stories a week to consumers, medical professionals and industry specialists. Reuters Health news stories are internationally recognized as unbiased, authoritative, timely and dependable.
The medical news journalist must be able to deliver sharp, insightful, engaging articles on very tight deadlines. Reuters Health produces two daily wires: Reuters Health eLine, for the general public, and Reuters Medical News, for physicians, researchers and other medical professionals.
- Medical journalists write 2-3 news items per day for Reuters Health's consumer and/or professional wires, based on medical studies. Journalists must be able to read and interpret these studies and discuss the findings with experts. Journalists must also develop sources to add context and depth to Reuters Health coverage.
- Copyedit and proofread medical news stories as required on a daily basis
- Work with the rest of the staff on ongoing new projects that expand Reuters Health's offerings to clients
- At least two years of medical journalism experience; some experience writing for a physician audience is desirable.
- Solid understanding of medical subjects, medical terminology, study design, and medical statistics
- Ability to write quickly and accurately
- Fastidious about details and fact-checking
- Comfortable with content management systems, databases, and diverse software applications
- Bachelor's degree required, masters in journalism or MD desirable
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top