Media Account Manager, Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Exceptional talent that can cultivate long-term sales relationships as well as scope and develop new business
- Outstanding inter-personal, communication leadership and presentation skills with ability to gain credibility, collaborate, influence and work across diverse cultures and teams (without causing offence)
- Proactive, accessible self-starter who acts as the primary point of contact for a book of business that encompasses more than one region who can pro-actively generate new business opportunities and develop core propositions and generate new business leads
- Excellent account management, time management, negotiation, strategic and tactical planning skills
- Creative solution orientated problem solver, who develops and maintains knowledge and experience of relevant products and services with strong analytical thinking
- Develops and executes account strategies by collaborating with account teams to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Process driven self starter with a demonstrable knowledge of applying established sales methodologies that generates a substantive opportunity pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- Manage the quote to cash process and recognizes the benefits of business administration and working with CRM (customer relationship management tools)
- Attend and contribute to sales meetings, presentations and training courses, recognizing one's own contribution to those events
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English language
- Ambitious with high energy and positive motivation
- Strategically develop and execute a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for retention, and growth revenue as appropriate
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets
- Develop new business by maximizing revenue contribution from target accounts through a program of pro-active sales and strategic account management
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities which are systematically qualified, by managing the accounts decision-making process to ensure closed revenues
- Establish strong, long-term customer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities and continue to maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Prepare, present and negotiate Agency solutions proposals and quotations in professional format in order to acquire new business
- Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to; the management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments and customer product training as necessary
- Provide pipeline reports, territory and account plan updates and forecasts through the use of Salesforce to track customer activity in internal systems to execute on account strategy and identification of additional opportunities
- Gather and report on the competitive landscape, providing feedback to internal stakeholders and senior management
- Collaborate with account team and/or other business units in Thomson Reuters and specialists providing oversight of all account activities
- Use and provide relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded
- Develop a contact strategy with Editorial and key influencers via teleconference, e-mails, face to face meetings and customer events and relevant media
- Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters account team and relevant cross functional departments
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a position with direct sales responsibility (ideally with a minimum of 4 years within a media company, a competitor or a news agency)
- Demonstrable track record of sales success and familiarity with content licensing would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable skills in managing multiple regions and accounts with an ability to create, build and cultivate relationships and coordinate resources outside of direct line of responsibility
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation, organizational and time management skills
- Experienced in applying value based, consultative sales methodologies with the ability to problem solve to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technologies with a high level of proficiency
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization up to and including board level
- Strong understanding of the broadcast and media business models and their workflows along with knowledge of wireless service providers and the markets Reuters serve
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top