Master Data ECM Data Steward
The Data Steward role is part of the Enterprise Customer Master (ECM) program and is responsible for key data quality initiatives & maintenance activities focused on certain vital data points within the ECM Hub: Customer Name, Customer Address, and Party Hierarchy maintenance. These initiatives have significant impacts on enterprise data that flows across various Order-to-Cash and CRM systems as well as the enterprise data warehouse.
- Assists in creating, documenting & adhering to consistent data maintenance procedures for key data points across all strategic business units (SBUs) within Thomson Reuters
- Maintain focus on a minimum set of data points that are highly used and vital to billing, marketing, sales, & financial reporting activities across all of Thomson Reuters as one organization
- Be knowledgeable about business processes and customer master systems of all SBUs within Thomson Reuters without showing preference or deference to any one particular business
- Work with the business to define standards and rules to ensure customer master data is compliant with defined information, policies and quality requirements within the ECM program
- Manage the workflow task process for new data requests, changes, and deletions and entering (create / change / delete) data in the ECM SharePoint
- Conduct primarily online research on customers and prospect records to validate and/or enhance internal data where applicable/useful
- Closely interact with business and provide master data subject matter expert input to various project teams as it relates to customer master data management and enterprise-level data governance
- Identify and execute robust and continuous improvement opportunities within the data management processes in the applicable source systems
- Identify missing or incorrect master data standards
- Generate master data reporting such as key metrics, project trackers, and dashboards on a regular basis
- Ensure the data quality within ECM and initiate the appropriate corrective actions or applicable escalation help chains to enable success
- Advanced English proficiency (test will be applied before setting up any interview)
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years data analysis/customer master maintenance experience
- Technology aptitude and ability to learn new software such as the Informatica Information Director (IDD) tool
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong general research & searching skills
- Experience with data manipulation
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- SAP Customer Master experience a plus
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to remain engaged in and focused on repetitive tasks covering the same set of data points
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Lagunilla de Heredia-Costa Rica
Req #: JREQ085811
Locations: Lagunilla de Heredia-Costa Rica
Job Function: Accounting & Finance
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top