Markets Specialist – Corporate Risk & Compliance
Markets Specialist – Risk & Compliance
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a Market Specialist for our Risk and Compliance Team specializing in Corporate Compliance leveraging expert knowledge in the following areas:
Third Party Program Management
Ethics Program Management
Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence
The role provides deep domain knowledge to prospects, clients and internal account teams. The successful candidate will typically have 12 years Corporate Compliance industry experience with a proven track record of working for companies within the industry and applicable business units. More specifically, the successful candidate will have experience with an:
- FCPA enforcement
- Differed prosecution agreement
- FCPA Non-Prosecution Agreement
- Voluntary Self-Disclosure
This role is two-fold: 1) Ability to effectively navigate within client organizations, develop and build meaningful, lasting relationships with influential contacts (including C-level) in all key business areas with, for example, Chief Compliance Officers, Internal Attorneys, Third Party Program Managers, etc… To be seen and known as the Subject Matter Expert. 2) Is pivotal to the sales process, requiring coordination with colleagues in Account Management, Product Management, and other teams within Thomson Reuters.
To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritize quickly.
The following locations will be considered for the role: NYC, Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Minneapolis and LA.
- Senior level person who is able to communicate potential client and/or market shifts, changes and reactions, understand regulatory changes and their impact to our clients, as well as client needs back to appropriate levels within Thomson Reuters
- Leverage their knowledge of current financial rules, regulations, and industry trends to enhance relationships with customers and help them realize bottom line benefits from the use of Thomson Reuters' products.
- Perpetually build new key contacts and establish a presence across the whole of the clients organization/business units based on their knowledge of the market.
- Create and present at conferences, forums, private briefings.
- Continuously maintains contact with customers for the goal of seeking actionable client feedback to support customer defined products and services and bringing internally to Thomson Reuters as an advocate in development efforts from the customer's viewpoint.
- Responsible for being a thought leader within Thomson Reuters and the industry.
- Responsible for mentoring others within Thomson Reuters to help them understand how customers use and abstract value from Thomson Reuters products.
- Seen by Thomson Reuters customer as the go-to-person to discuss key industry issues.
- Drives collaboratively with wider Thomson Reuters team (Commercial Management, Solutions Sales, Product and Market Development) to ensure all units are working toward Thomson Reuters business strategy and initiatives while providing key Account Plan input.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 12 years of corporate compliance industry experience with in-depth knowledge of International Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Rules and Regulations, Sanctions, Ethics Program Management and Third Party Program Management.
- Must possess strong existing client relationships within the industry and a proven track record in partnering with clients at senior management at all levels.
- Must possess capabilities in analytical problem solving; strategic planning; financial and general business acumen; high integrity, commitment and credibility; objectives driven.
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written); creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas; social skills.
- Presenter at conferences, key industry forums/events, client briefings.
- College/ university degree and relevant industry experience
- JD/MBA Preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top