Marketing Team Leader – Outsourced Global Content Production
The Team Leader of Outsourced Global Content Production is responsible for the creation, maintenance and delivery of defined marketing content and collateral according to set templates, design, brand guidelines and agreed processes. This position is ideally based in Manila and has a span of 2 additional staff to be line managed.
The main purpose of this role is to enable Thomson Reuters to service its internal teams and external customers through delivering key marketing content as part of a global marketing plan. This will be done by the operational management of resources, in order to deliver agreed services and marketing materials to specification and by being able to absorb and manage change at a rate consistent with overall business needs. Staff motivation, development and allocation will be ongoing challenges for the team leader and monitoring performance against tight Service Metrics timelines to effectively manage expectations is a key requirement.
- Ensure the team of marketing specialists follow the agreed processes and templates to update new and existing marketing materials as defined by the business and in line with agreed SLAs and metrics as defined by the Global Head of Content and Campaign based in London:
o Internal Battlecardso Internal PPTs/Sales Guideso Product Enhancementso End of Life Materialso FAQso Updating existing and creating new fact sheetso Updating existing and creating new brochureso Non-critical/focus website updateso Eloqua Landing Pages – Design and Buildo Commercial/Pricing Update Decks or Factsheetso Internal and External customer case study creations
- Assist the marketing specialists where needed in the updating and creation of marketing materials listed above to maximise team resource.
- Understanding of different communications channels incl webex, video, social media, email, events and others as it relates to marketing campaigns and content.
- Provide leadership to a team of, typically, 2 employees (performance management, staff development, succession planning, coaching and communication).
- Recruit, manage and ensure effective training to achieve high professional operational standards.
- Manage shift rotas, holidays and general resourcing issues within own team.
- Motivate, support and develop staff to enhance and maintain the ability to adapt to the changing requirements of a continuously evolving business environment.
- Develop staff in order to enhance marketing's profile and actively support individual career progression and development.
- Encourage a co-operative and "can-do" attitude to enhance Thomson Reuters standards and performance by harnessing everyone's skills and talent.
- Work with other teams to achieve optimum performance of unit as a whole. Work to foster exceptional talent and bring it to the attention of managers.
- Challenge the team and expect high standards, leading by example. Ensure the team is kept informed of matters which affect them and their ability to perform in their job.
- Encourage the adoption and sustenance of a culture of accountability and collaboration within the team.
- Ensure priority business relationships are supported and managed well.
- Be aware of time differences and reporting into the central team in London, therefore managing time effectively and schedule meetings/calls accordingly to align with the time impacts.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Graduates with a background in marketing or related fields are essential.
- Excellent communication skills; other languages an advantage
- Stakeholder management with a record of building sustainable working relationships with key stakeholders and in this role specifically the team leader will be working closely with the Head of the Content and campaign team based in London.
- Should be highly skilled and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- Experience or proven interest in various type of marketing collateral creation e.g. factsheets, brochures, emails, social media images
- Experience in working with social media platforms and tools e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn
- Experience of working with marketing automation systems such as Eloqua, Marketo
People management experience (1 years), with a record of developing and managing teams or experience in non-direct people management activities when engaging junior colleagues into driving a culture of high performance and accountability.
- Working knowledge on project and marketing content creation and enhancement delivery
- Proven ability to work towards and deliver against tight timelines and commitments by effectively prioritizing and delegating constantly changing business priorities.
- Excellent communication and soft skills.
- Experience in employee engagement, development and retention initiatives & activities
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top