We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Marketing Specialist
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in FX and has recently acquired REDI – a cross asset EMS to provide an integrated solution for buy-side traders.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, results oriented marketer to join a growing global team within a market leader. We're looking for someone with either FX or buy side trading experience, who has a passion for the sector, loves working with sales teams and is excited about delivering multi-channel marketing programs, with a leaning toward digital.
Reporting to the Head of Transactions Proposition Marketing and working in close collaboration with the other members of the transactions marketing and sales teams as well as the broader Proposition Marketing team, this marketing role contributes to the growth of the transactions business by actively enabling the efficient and effective design, planning and delivery of marketing strategies and programs
Specific areas of focus include:
Implement marketing strategies to help drive the business strategy with clear focus on promoting sustainable differentiated value to customers and aggressively building sector brand reputation
- Drive integrated campaigns across digital, social, events, webinars and thought leadership
- Work with business leaders to drive differentiated thought leadership and positioning in the market
Deliver exciting marketing which builds the community, supports retention within our existing customers, drives transactions revenue and delivers gross sales
- Support effectiveness of all strategic marketing goals and programs through application and reporting of appropriate ROI metrics for all programs and projects
- Anticipate and proactively manage risks to program and project quality and delivery
- Understand how marketing activities drive business results – ideally this candidate will know both the trading community and our marketing automation platform – Eloqua.
Under the direction and guidance of more senior members of the team, draft professionally written propositions and marketing communications materials including but not limited to:
- Proposition / product launch marketing campaign plans
- Key messages for use with the media (in coordination with internal and external PR agencies) including draft press releasesSpeaker briefing notes, video scripts and key messages
- Credentials materials Award entries White papers
Develop targeted customer communications – promotional, informational, educational – appropriately tailored to the specific relevant audience and channel for which the communications are intended including :
- Email marketing campaigns to drive transactions revenue and nurture prospects
- Help draft web copy
- Update product collateral and demos as well as snackable content
- Social media campaigns
- Sales tools including briefings, presentations, FAQs, training materials
Be an engaged and enthusiastic member of the marketing community
- Collaborate across multiple functions and levels of seniority
- Share best practice and work across other proposition marketing and regional marketing groups to scale impact of marketingWork with marketing operations to understand impact of campaigns and how to improve using insight
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Writing and creativity
- Stakeholder consultation and engagement
- Creative analysis of issues
- Constructive problem solving
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top