Marketing Operations Coordinator
This is an individual contributor role in marketing, working across the segment marketing teams to provide analytics associated with ROI. Directly supports the marketing operations and segment teams by maintaining and reporting on marketing program spend.
- Establishes and maintains a cross-team PO process that aligns marketing spend with campaign and program performance.
- Responsible for producing reports for Marketing Operations team and Segment Marketing teams to highlight ROI of marketing programs at various levels of granularity.
- Maintains global view of marketing spend and reconciles planned with actual spends
- Reports to Segment leaders and Marketing Leadership on Budget versus Planned/Actual spend
- Creates cross-segment benchmarks to highlight areas of optimization either through budget shifting or program execution.
- Collaborates with finance on marketing spend categories, monthly accruals and quarterly reporting of budget vs actual spend.
Scope & Impact
Shares ownership of global Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting revenue targets
Technical/Professional Skills and Competencies
- Basic understanding of financial concepts such as Return on Investment, Payback Period, Average Deal Size, etc.
- Basic understanding of marketing campaign structure and tactics
- Basic understanding of go to market strategy in a matrix organization
- Experience with marketing reporting tools such as Google Analytics
- Moderate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Skilled in building relationships across and within work teams
- Able to communicate to stakeholders at various levels
- Strong written, oral and PowerPoint communication skills
- Able to receive feedback from marketing segments and adjust approach when necessary
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 4 year college degree and 2-5 years of work experience
- 2-5 years of work in Marketing Analytics, Finance or a Business Analyst role
- A self-starter
- Able to establish and implement a cross-functional process in a large organization
- Detail oriented
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top