Reporting to the Senior Manager – Business Development, Corporate, within the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting division (TRTA), the Business Development Marketing Manager will be responsible for increasing sales opportunities within and across the Thomson Reuters corporate customer base thereby maximizing revenue for the organization. This will include campaigns and initiatives that drive both cross-sell and up-sell opportunities as well as improve customer retention rates across all lines of business.
This role will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing account-based marketing programs across the corporate marketing organization. The ideal candidate should be a strategic and analytical thinker as well as a self-starter, with the know-how, experience, and enthusiasm to hit the ground running and to make significant impact on the businesses.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with high business acumen and significant experience leading marketing campaign development for a substantial global B2B software/technology and service business. Underpinning that experience will be a successful track record delivering on lead generation commitments by driving break-through marketing strategy leveraging a data-driven approach to forecasting and delivery against goals.
This individual will collaborate with the corporate marketing team, central marketing team, product management, product development, sales and services. In addition, he/she will be expected to analyze market opportunities and business drivers to optimize marketing strategy and campaign execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop strategic and tactical marketing plans to meet marketing sourced pipeline and revenue goals – through both direct and partner channels.
- Utilize internal and external data sources to identify areas of opportunity to drive additional business across product sets or lines of business.
- Work closely with Corporate Leadership and Product Management to identify areas of cross-sell opportunity and drive marketing programs to target prospects.
- Manage the full marketing mix, driving innovative campaigns and marketing initiatives to existing client accounts in order to drive increased sales opportunities
- Develop competitive marketing material and messaging based on competitive research to differentiate our offering in the market.
- Provide interface between the business unit and central marketing team.
- Ensure fast, clear communication of all relevant marketing activities and tools to relevant stakeholders, and collects regular feedback.
- Make strategic decisions with strong interpersonal skills, facilitation capabilities and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work in collaborative setting to influence and define marketing strategies.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5-7 years of marketing management experience.
- Experience in the tax and accounting industry preferred but not mandatory.
- Proven experience in driving cross-sell B2B marketing efforts including customer data analytics and account-based marketing strategies.
- Good understanding of marketing analytics and measurement. Experience in sales and marketing automation – preferably Eloqua and Salesforce.com.
- Challenge the status quo with facts and defend decisions with evidence
- Experience understanding online marketing presence and strategy.
- Excellent writing abilities for web and email campaigns.
- Highly collaborative individual with proven ability to work well in a matrix organization and effectively manage across boundaries.
- Software requirements: Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- The need to drive for results and have fun!
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top