Marketing Manager, ASEAN
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Marketing Manager, ASEAN
Financial and Risk
Working in the Financial & Risk business, the Marketing Manager, ASEAN is responsible for developing and executing marketing initiatives in support of the sales and retention objectives in the region. The Marketing Manager owns the marketing plan and works closely with Sales, Account Management, Market Development and Proposition Marketing organizations to deliver marketing programs and campaigns, including events, thought leadership, lead generation initiatives, digital marketing and partnerships among other mechanisms. The role needs to ensure an efficient channeling of communications to sales teams and direct to customers.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Marketing the role is accountable for the following key deliverables in ASEAN:
- Develops and owns the marketing plan for ASEAN - including input on budgets.
- Execute on marketing programs and campaigns aligned with regional growth and retention objectives.
- In collaboration with Market Development and Proposition Marketing, develops and operates an effective system of messaging and rolling out of strategic value propositions to the frontline and customers.
- Works with Market Development, Proposition Marketing, Sales and other stakeholders to create and run demand generation strategies and programs to drive new sales across the region.
- Facilitate the effective allocation of the regional marketing budget to maximize ROI and results for the region.
- Build and maintain relationships with key professional associations and customer communities in the region.
- Actively manages the events calendar with the events team.
- Develops thought leadership initiatives relevant to raise brand awareness, and creates venues and channels to promote these initiatives.
- Develops lead generation programs and channels, including digital marketing and social media.
- Closely monitors competitor marketing activity in the region.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years of professional marketing or business development experience in the financial service industry
- Postgraduate degree in marketing or a related field will be an advantage
- Experience of working in a regional role highly desirable
- Ability to develop strategic marketing initiatives.
- Exceptional execution skills.
- Ability to build extensive internal and external networks in order to drive results.
- Proven knowledge and ability of owning and managing marketing initiatives in ASEAN.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present and communicate complex information to all levels of Thomson Reuters and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maximize ROI of marketing strategies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and work with data.
- Expertise in digital marketing and social media.
- Proven ability to develop thought leadership initiatives.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top